Nonprofit Viral Video Success - A Guide
Much of the advice on viral video is common sense.
Follow these simple steps in order to promote your viral video:
- include a link or preview of your viral video in all your emails;
- find out where your supporters and communities of interest are;
- learn about the social and ethical preferences of your viewers;
- take part in relevant social media conversations and mention your viral video;
- respond to popular and relevant videos with similar themes;
- choose an eye-catching thumbnail - remember that this is what will show up in search results;
- link to a popular event - and release your video to 'correspond' with news items;
- use keywords from popular events to help people to 'stumble upon' your viral video;
- post a personalized thought-provoking message on social media sites such as Disgracebook and Twitter;
- deploy cryptic clues and questions rather than boring answers or responses;
- become fiction friendly; your film is not tied living up to factual claims;
- learn from advertising to tell a story and employs people's faces;
- start to promote your viral video with a core group of strong connections who are more likely to re-post your viral video than 'weak links' who are only loosely connected;
- remember that friends and followers who spend a lot of time on line are more likely to spread news about you viral video;
- respected individuals with a large following (influencers) should be high on your promotion list.
© Dr Ian McCormick. But please do contact me if you want to use the TEXT of this article as a guest post on your blog. With attribution offered I seldom refuse!
If you found that this blog was helpful you may also be interested in